I have been in New York since yesterday morning, and Greg joined me today. I had my appointment this morning for bloodwork and ultrasound and came back later in the afternoon for the results. Why they can't call and tell me the results over the phone, I may never know.
My follicles haven't gotten significantly bigger. I have one that's 18mm now and another that's 13mm. They want to wait until the 13mm one is at least 15mm before they do the retrieval. I also had at least one, maybe two, 12mm. Maybe they can have a growth spurt too? If not, we're still looking at two eggs for the retrieval.
So now they are telling me the earliest day the retrieval would be is Tuesday, but it will probably be Wednesday or Thursday. Too bad Greg has to go back Monday night no matter what. Seriously. So we are freezing his "donation" on Monday. Luckily for a man, it doesn't matter if it's frozen or fresh, it still has the same success rates.
I will admit, I am such a scheduled person that it is really hard for me not knowing when this is going to happen. But I am grateful I didn't book my flight home until Friday night, because unlike Greg, I have to be here for the "surgery". :)
Grow follicles, grow!
I take another shot tonight as well. Last one?
Next appointment and update...Monday!
2 comments:
What a roller coaster ride! I had no idea! You are certainly in my thoughts and prayers. I don't mind getting poked by a needle too much as long as someone else is doing it. I don't think I would like all those self-inflicted shots. Hope you are finding time for some more enjoyable activities during your stay in NY. Glad you're able to stay with family.
P.S. I appreciate the emails that tell me your blog has been updated. Keep 'em coming.
Well, I am hoping for that miracle growth will happen so that you can have 4 folicles. So when will they actually combine? I guess I thought that they fertilize and then they freeze the fertiized eggs. No? When do they fertilize them?
Lara, I am thinking of you. We are off to Orlando on Friday so I won't see you again on Sunday, but give me a call - we could just go out and catch up during the week.
Post a Comment