Monday, September 20, 2010

Back in Atlanta

The D&C/Hysteroscopy was a breeze today, but it was all because my mom was there. After a major freak-out yesterday when I realized I did not want to do this alone, I decided to use my skymiles and fly my mom out. I called her at 11am, and by 5pm she was on a plane to NYC from Salt Lake City. She got in at midnight, and we were up at 6am to get to the clinic by 7:30am.

I have to say I love anesthesia. It is a beautiful thing. I don't remember much in the initial moments upon waking up, but I do recall the voice of my anesthetist saying, "She slept for longer than expected, so keep an eye on her." Yes, I have always loved my sleep. I guess one of the first things I asked when I came in was, "Where's my mom?" Once I had found her (and I have absolutely no memory of any of this) I asked for a "small pillow". They only had a big one, but I didn't seem to mind. I slept for a good 45 minutes before finally starting to have some awareness.

My mom and I went back to my Aunt Lorrie's and slept for about 2 1/2 hrs, and then we headed to the airport. It was such a quick visit, full of sleeping mostly for me.

My mom is the best. Having her there made me calm and relaxed, and it was really an easy day. Thanks Mom for coming to NY for 20 hours and being there for me!

Greg couldn't get off work to be with me, so he of course is infinitely grateful that my mom could be there. I guess he felt really guilty because when he picked me up from the airport tonight he had a present for me. I said, "A present? Will I like it?" He said, "Um, maybe not." I was thinking it was a puzzle or a box of chocolates, and was dumbfounded when I opened it up and found a....

KINDLE!

Thanks Best-Husband-Ever!

7 comments:

Em T said...

I wants a kindle! Your mom IS AWESOME and I'm glad that everything went so smoothly:)

LeAnn said...

Yea for incredible Moms and husbands too!

Kristine said...

Glad you were able to sleep peacefully with your mom there. Don't get too used to a full night's sleep, though...:-)
Have a great rest of the week!

Jenny said...

AWESOME LARA- so glad you had some major emotional support- that's what you need the most during this crazy journey and I'm sure you will LOVE the kindle you reading machine!! Go Greg!! So glad it all went so well!

Sarah said...

I'm so relieved everything went so well yesterday. Mom's really are the best! A word advice regarding your new kindle.....maybe you should avoid chinese literature for the next month? ;)

Vanessa said...

I'm glad it went so well and that your mom was able to be there with you! And, awesome about the Kindle!

leadatortilla said...

Congrats on the kindle - I think that is a gift you can keep loving for a long time! And yeah for mom - I'm glad she got to go help you and be a comfort to you. Yeah for MOMS!