The most important information of all, which I left out in my last post, is the day of the pregnancy test. I will go into Emory THIS Tuesday morning for my pregnancy blood test (called a Beta blood test). Emory usually gets the results back by 2pm, and they are supposed to fax them to New Hope who will then call me to give me the results.
Yeah right.
So the day of the transfer I actually talked to Matt and asked when I could expect his call. He said, "We will call you immediately after we get the results faxed to us." I said, "Emory will fax the results around 2pm." Matt said, "Oh, we won't call that early. Don't expect to hear from us until 4 or 5." I guess that's the definition of "immediate" at New Hope Fertility Center.
I'm hoping Emory will call me with the results earlier, but to be honest, I am not going to answer any calls until 3:30 when I am done teaching for the day. I just know that if the news is not good I will not be able to teach my 2:30 Music Appreciation class, and I've already been gone all this week.
I have also decided to not take a pregnancy test before the blood test. They gave me an HCG shot the day of the transfer, which is the same hormone that shows up in a pregnancy test. I've already had the devastation of a false positive on a pregnancy test from an HCG shot once before, and I'm not willing to do it again. So I will wait for the blood test.
I discovered in today's research that there is a Dr. Zhang and a Dr. Yang. Apparently Dr. Yang is my Doctor.
I discovered in today's research that there is a Dr. Zhang and a Dr. Yang. Apparently Dr. Yang is my Doctor.
This is an unfortunate picture of him. I did not get a picture of Matt because I thought I would never want to see him again, but now I'm having some regrets.
Here are as Dorothy and the Scarecrow at the Ward Trunk-or-Treat. Just try and tell me we weren't the cutest couple there!
My good friend Dave. Dave and I were Freshman oboe majors at BYU. He switched majors a few years later and hadn't made reeds in years. I was able to convince him to take reedmaking up again and gave him an impromptu lesson after my transfer. This was the best medicine for taking my mind off of things and cheering me up from the day's trauma. And don't worry, I didn't blow on a reed even once!
My great-aunt Lorrie. Thank goodness for her hospitality which made my trips to NY possible.
My bedroom/the living room and kitchen
People keep asking me how I feel. To be honest, I feel normal. Here's the thing about pregnancy symptoms. I've been 100% convinced about a million times over the last 2 years that I was pregnant because I had all the symptoms, and it was never true. On top of that, the side effects of the progesterone I'm currently on mimics the side effects of pregnancy, so I can't really trust any "feelings" anyways. The pregnancy test is just a few days away, a day before my cycle would normally start (except for I have learned from past experiences that progesterone delays the start of my cycle), so I'm just trying to remain calm, cool, relaxed, and not read into anything.
I know you may not believe this, but so far I'm doing a good job!
3 comments:
These pictures made me smile just to see how happy you are-you already have that pregnancy glow! Loved your costumes too! We're rooting for a "Carlie"- baby, come join the dark side with Tyler!!
Congrats again and thanks for keeping us in the loop!
Whoops-that was supposed to say "darkie"- dumb spell checker!
Best of luck to you! It's been really great to read everything step-by-step. And, no matter what the outcome, you can know that you've done everything humanly possible and the rest are in God's hands. And His are always the best for any situation. Many prayers going your way!
Post a Comment