Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 11

Yes, I did have a Dr's appointment on a Sunday. Emory Reproductive Center is open 7 days a week, because as they like to point out, women ovulate even on the weekends.

The same dweeby Dr. who did my ultrasound yesterday did it again today. His first name is Vitaly, and he is the same guy who I asked if he needed to practice dilating me two weeks ago, and also the guy who glued up my belly button after my laparoscopy. Let me rephrase that, he couldn't stop the bleeding so he literally filled my belly button with glue to glue it shut. That's not normal technique. Anyway, he is fine at doing ultrasounds but for some reason he likes to do them in complete silence. When Greg was with me yesterday I asked if he could tell me what he was seeing as he did the ultrasound. He said, "No, I will tell you when I'm done," and boy did he mean that. We all sat there in awkward silence while he did the ultrasound, and today was no different. He is a very awkward man. I'm thinking that reproductive care is probably not the best career choice for a man with no social skills.

My estradiol is 1291, and they want to keep it under 2000 for the retrieval. Apparently the Estradiol is an indication of how many MATURE follicles I have. 200 equals one mature follicle, so I guess I have 6 mature follicles now following that formula. They are shooting for 18mm follicles, but today he said that the most important thing is that the eggs are mature, and that could happen even in a 7mm one. They just don't know until they get them out.

Here's the count on my right side: 13, 11, 10, 10, 10, 8, 8, 8.
And on the left side: 13, 12, 10, 10, 10, 8, 7.

I am to continue taking 225mg of Follistim twice a day, and the earliest the retrieval would be is Wednesday. I get a 2 day notice, because when they decide I am ready I will take a trigger shot at 10pm that day, and go in for the retrieval 36 hours later.

I really enjoyed spending my Father's Day at Emory. Seriously. What better place to spend it than at a clinic that really understands?

3 comments:

tarainnj said...

I'm voting for Thursday retrieval, its my hubbys bday I'm thinking it'll bring you good luck :) I think I've read your follicals grow 1-3 mm per day, I'll be praying they grow evenly so you get to grow your eggs as long as possible and get several good ones.

Geoff, Amanda and Katherine said...

Exciting!!!

The Turley Times said...

I can't believe how scientific this all is. I hope those numbers are all exactly what they should be and everything goes well!