Greg was a little nervous about giving me a shot with a 1 1/2 inch needle, so I called our friend Jaimee who is a nurse. She was more than happy to stab with me a long needle, so a little before 10pm we went to her house. She was able to show Greg how to locate the right position on the hip, and how to give the shot. Jaimee gave the shot, and she was fast. Before I knew it, it was over with. It stung a little, but not much more than the belly shots.

(I don't know why the bottom of this picture is missing - thanks blogspot)
Greg now feels prepared to administer the progesterone in olive oil shots, probably starting on Saturday. Yes, the medication is in olive oil, actual olive oil. The shots are with the same gauge of needle as the one in the picture, but I hear the contents of the oil make the shot thick and difficult to give. It has been likened to pushing peanut butter into your bum. Sounds like fun!
But as for the HCG shot, it was no problem thanks to Jaimee. Here's a shout out to you, Jaimee! You're a life saver!
2 comments:
I'm glad Jaimee could help you guys out. Good luck Greg and Lara because administering and receiving that shot doesn't sound fun! Maybe he can practice shooting olive oil into an orange.
Moving right along!!! Hope everything goes well. Rest up with a good book!
Post a Comment