THIRTEEN EMBRYOS!
That's right, we could have 13-tuplets and have our own reality show.
Not really, and it's a terrible thought anyway, isn't it?
So when there are over 10 embryos, the embryologist recommends going all the way to the 5-day blast stage (which is what I did at New Hope). The statistics are higher using 5-day blasts, but on the other hand you lose a lot of embryos between day 3 and 5 that could have been viable. I told her I wasn't ready to make that decision until I knew how many embryos we had still standing on Day 3.
So on Monday they should call us with an update and let us know how many there still are. If the number has dwindled really low, we will go ahead with a 3-day transfer that day. If we still have a good number of embryos, we will wait for day 5 and have the transfer on Wednesday.
We will just have to wait and see. For some reason, I seem to be okay with waiting. I think I've finally come to the conclusion that no amount of worrying is going to change the number of embryos that are going to make it, so I am willing to just see what happens. But 13 is a great number to start off with and we are ecstatic!
I started estrogen patches today. Yes, these are the same patches women use when going through menopause. I wear two at a time on my stomach, and switch them out every other day. We also start the progesterone shots tonight, and for those who were around me in the fall during the progesterone part of the process might remember that "Proggie" is not my best friend. In fact, I hate progesterone so much that I made a Mii character on our Wii called "Proggie". Proggie is the ugliest woman Mii I could create, and Greg graciously agreed to be her and let me box the snot out of her. It made me feel much better at the time. Proggie is still on our console, so if things get bad I will have my outlet ready to go!
Thanks for all of the love, encouragement and prayers!
8 comments:
Yee haw!!!! That's. Great! !!!!!! We're. so happy for you guys
I can't believe it. That's amazing!
::does happy dance::
That is something to think about, seriousy. Greg could finally realize his dream and be a stay home dad, I could have my five minutes of fame when I appear on the birthday party episode, and if we learned anything from that Angelina Jolie wanna be mom is that the TV people will pay for any plastic surgery you need after giving birth - an added bonus I might add. This is a real opportunity, Lara! A real opportunity! Can't wait to hear the 5 day results. Hang in there! I mean, you really just need 4, right, two for now and two for later? Love ya!
Tredecaplets are 13 babies born at the same time (according to the Internet anyway).
Congrats!
I'm really impressed with how positive and calm you sound Lara! This blog has had a much more upbeat un-stressed feel to it compared to the last one- that must mean things are going so much better for you or that you now know what's going to happen, so it's not so new and frightening and stressful! It sounds like round 2 is much better and I'm so glad. I feel for you taking that progesterone- it's evil! box the snot out of it for me too!!!!
13 is AWESOME!!!
Yippie! 13 is the new lucky number 7. Congratulations.
That's a great batch! Best wishes that they keep growing
What wonderful news Lara! I can't stop smiling. So, so, so, so, so happy for you. The world could use 13 more Dahls :)
Post a Comment