Today I had my dr's appointment at 7:30am. You'd think that since I was the first appointment of the day I'd be in and out, but instead I waited for forever to be seen. I knew it wasn't going to be a good day when I got Jackie to draw my blood. She's the one I requested never to take my blood again last time, but I decided to give her a try again. I don't know what it is about that woman, but she causes me PAIN! She's stabbing the same vein as everybody else, but it hurts 10x more. At least she got the vein the first time.
My ultrasound showed I am a perfect suppressor, of course. I always suppress perfectly. And then I was surprised with, "A doctor will be in shortly to dilate your cervix." Last time that was done I was left sobbing in terrible pain, and I was not happy that I had no warning of this. Apparently they dilate the cervix in advance so that they don't have to do it the day of the transfer. I guess the cervix stays dilated for a good month. Who knew!
The good news is that the dilation was painless, just like the trial transfer and hysteosonogram I did a few weeks ago that were also horrible the first time round two years ago. Julia has made most of this process painless this time around. This includes the belly shots because now I have a good thick wad of baby fat to buffer the needles. Thank you Julia!
Bee called and gave me my protocol. They would have started my stims tonight, but they've decided to add a 3rd drug to the mix - Menopur. Menopur will help shorten my cycle. Last time I went too long and was dangerously close to ovulating on my own, and this will hopefully avoid that scenario. The problem is that I have to wait for the Menopur to be delivered from TX, and it won't arrive until tomorrow.
Tomorrow will be Day 1 of Stiming. I will decrease Lupron from 20 units to 10, and will take 300 units of Bravelle and 75 of Menopur. The great thing is that Bravelle and Menopur can be mixed into one shot, so I will only be doing 2 belly shots a night.
Hopefully the retrieval will be 10 days from tomorrow if we can keep the cycle shorter!
It seems to be going really fast this time, but I'm guessing that's because I'm not going into this with 3 years of continuous fertility treatments beforehand. It's a nice change, and I think I should change the name of my blog to "Lara's Happy Endings...I hope."
No comments:
Post a Comment