Thursday, July 18, 2013

Day 6

This morning I had an ultrasound and bloodwork. The ultrasound showed 8 follicles on the right and 7 on the left, with the biggest ones measuring around 8mm. Ultimately they need to be around 18mm so they've got a ways to go, but they could double overnight.

My estradiol level has improved remarkably and I am right on track. Right now it's at 290, and last IVF cycle on Day 6 it was 233. We are trying to avoid stimming 13 days like last time and the goal is to be done on Monday on day 10. The double dose is definitely working and is the right call. Last time they moved me to the double dose much later in the cycle, and I think this time they've got it right from the beginning.

I ran out of Menopur this morning and had to buy from Emory's pharmacy -- $80 more a vial, which means 3 vials cost $295. "A drop in the bucket," as Greg likes to say of late. I've now got all my medication to get me through the weekend!

I go in for just bloodwork tomorrow, and then daily ultrasounds and bloodwork until the trigger.

The Lupron headaches are still there but are not as severe and are responding better to Tylenol. My body seems to have adjusted to the medication and I have had two really great days in a row with no sign of depression. I have kept myself busy and hung out with friends, and that has helped more than anything. My BFF Laura arrives on Saturday and will be here until Tuesday, and she couldn't be coming at a better time. I don't know if she will feel the same way, but I will be happy to have a friend!!!

4 more days of drugs to go...maybe....

No comments: